Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reason #1



Here is the outside door to the basement. When I was a kid, I thought it was so cool that Grampa's house has a "cellar door" just like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ. Now I know better. Grampa Al put this on after he tore off the north wing of the house (with a HANDSAW -- see, I come by this naturally). That was in the early 1980's, I believe (check with your local Ring Family Historian on that). Obviously, no one has touched it since. The orange seeping out of the corners is Mike's desperate attempt to slow down the wind, mice, and other critters (don't ask) that try to get into the basement (Sorry, Mikeys!) Spray Foam, don't live in an old house without it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you wonder why I lived at aunt Sue's when I was little. I was not the crazy one!
mikeys